skip to Main Content

We are experts at recovering unpaid wages

Fair Work Claims has extensive experience recovering unpaid wages and entitlements for our clients.

Unpaid wages (wage theft) happens when your employer doesn’t pay you the legal minimum monetary amount, or allowances and entitlements that are outlined in the agreement or award that you work under.

It can happen by mistake, but in many instances, wage theft is a deliberate action taken by your boss to steal money that you are rightly and lawfully entitled to.

The national minimum wage

As of 1 July 2023, the national minimum wage is $23.23 per hour or $882.80 for a 38-hour week.

Casual employees must be paid a minimum $29.04 per hour – which includes a 25 percent casual loading.

How do I know which award applies to my job?

Different jobs in different industries have different minimum pay rates and allowances and entitlements.

The specific wages and entitlements that you are eligible for will depend on:

  • your age;
  • the state you live in;
  • the industry you work in;
  • your qualifications; and
  • your duties and responsibilities.

To check which award applies to your job, visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website and use the Find My Award Pay Calculator.

How we can help

Fair Work Claims are experts at investigating, calculating and recovering unpaid wages, and can assist you through every step of the process.

We will request your pay records from your employer.

Our analysts will then calculate the difference between what you were paid, and what you should have been paid.

We have an intimate understanding of modern awards, including overtime, penalty rates, loadings, allowances and entitlements.

Therefore, you can be assured we will find every last cent that you are owed.

If necessary, we can escalate the matter to the Industrial Relations Commission or to the Industrial Magistrate or the Federal Court.

To connect with us, please follow us on



Back To Top